“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”
— Presidential Oath Of Office
Preserving, Defending and Protecting the Constitution of the United States includes upholding statutes enacted by duly elected legislators at the state and federal levels.
There may be thousands of police chiefs in the United States who do not agree with laws against marijuana, prostitution and/or gambling. But according to the oath of his/her office, a chief is sworn to enforce the existing laws of the state and may not arbitrarily elect to ignore those to which he personally disagrees. If any chief ordered his officers to withhold making arrests for acts of statutory crime, he would be fired on the spot and banished from law enforcement.
A president — also a chief — does not, nor should he, have the authority to cherry-pick laws he wants to enforce, and those he does not. Just like local and state laws, it’s the congress’ job to enact laws, it is the executive branches of government’s job to enforce them.
William Jefferson Clinton faced impeachment for a moral violation which had nothing to do with his presidential policies and decisions, and therefore, no impact on the citizens of the country. Yet, the congress went after him voraciously trying to boot him out of office for a personal transgression that ended up mired in whether fellatio can be defined as an act of sex.
While the media focuses on the economy as Barack Obama’s likely downfall, the American people are becoming more aware each day of other nightmarish aspects of the Obama presidency, which the media continues to downplay.
This president has made decisions and policies that are negatively impacting all citizens of this country. Not only is he cherry-picking laws he doesn’t want enforced for political purposes, those decisions have jeopardized the security and safety of our citizens, the safety of our military and the safety of our closest ally: Israel.
Where do I begin?
1) Start with Aiding and Abetting the Breaking of Laws. In August of this year, the president signed an executive order authorizing the DOJ and other federal agencies to abstain from enforcing immigration laws. By doing this, the president has circumvented the legislative process after failing to gain enough support for his campaign toward immigration reform. That sends a message to law breakers that breaking the law will have no consequences. When there are no consequences for breaking laws, laws are guaranteed to be broken, thus further jeopardizing the security of our citizens. In every sense, this action fails to uphold the constitution.
In addition, Obama has bypassed Congress by using the back-door process to basically grant amnesty to over 300,000 illegal aliens and provide them with work permits. This is clearly a political act designed to garner future voters, and certainly not in the best interest of the citizens of United States.
2) The president, via his administrative subordinates, audaciously filed suit against the state of Arizona, then enjoined foreign bodies (the U.N.) and nations (Mexico) in seeking support against that sovereign state of the U.S. — our own citizens — who passed a lawful bill providing law enforcement with authority to ( get this) — ask for I.D. This is a mind blower.
A Police Officer’s fundamental job is to ask for I.D. from people who they see violating a law or traffic infraction. It is basic. Yet, the president disregarded the will of the people (70% in favor of the law). Furthermore, he ventured outside the borders of the country that elected him to seek support from other political bodies that did not elect him (some of whom hate the U.S.) to garner support for his position favoring illegal immigration. This is not protecting or defending the constitution. It is tantamount to treason.
(For those of you who parrot the suggestion that illegal immigration is a concern for federal officers only, ask yourself: Is the job of catching bank robbers limited to the FBI? Bank robbery is a federal crime, but local cops are duty bound to apprehend and arrest bank robbers… with the support of all citizens, including the federal government.)
3) Failing to adequately secure the borders of the United States from foreign invasion, in violation of Article IV, Section 4, of the Constitution. Despite pleas by citizens, sheriffs and state governors, the flow of illegal immigrants from Mexico, to and including drug dealers, thieves, robbers, rapists and terrorists, have been documented by law enforcement and the media. (This one could extend for several pages)
4) Publically calling for a return to pre-1967 borders, in support of the Palestinian position and against the hard-fast defensive position of the Israeli government, our supposed ally. When Israel pulled out of Lebanon and out of Gaza, they were met, not with peace, but with more rockets and murders. Thus, based on factual history, Israel’s unwavering position is that a return to old borders would be tantamount to national suicide. Yet, this president has disregarded the imminent danger that faces Israel and openly proposed a position that has emboldened Israel’s enemies.
5) Authorizing military engagement in acts of war within the Republic of Libya in March, 2011 without the approval of the Congress, violating Article 1, Section 10, Clause 3 of our United States Constitution. Also, the support of activities that would call for the assassination of another head of state. This was a country that did not attack — nor threaten to attack — the United States, nor our allies, which is a direct violation of engaging our resources in any military action against another country.
6) Employing persons with known alliances to the Muslim Brotherhood in the White House, presenting a breach of national security to the United States. Mounds of intelligence information exists, including evidence from the Holy Land Foundation trial, plus and evidence from foreign seizures by law enforcement, that identify the Muslim Brotherhood as an enemy of the United States, fully engaged in an active campaign of stealth jihad, with sights set on establishing an Islamic caliphate in the West, which — in other words — would spell the overthrow of our country. This, plus the employment of a trusted aid at the highest level within the State Department whose relatives have strong ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and the Muslim Sisterhood, represents and ignores a threat to national security.
7) Entering into an Agreement with Egypt’s rebels, headed by the Muslim Brotherhood, a foreign power, to sell 125 tanks, violating Article 1, Section 10, Clause 3 of our United States Constitution. To Wit:
” No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent danger as will not admit of delay.”
8) Authorizing the Attorney General of the United States to dismiss charges against members of the New Black Panther Party, charged with racially intimidating voters at a Philadelphia polling -place in 2008. Clearly, this was a violation of federal law for which the violators were duly charged. Dropping the case led to the angry resignation of a U.S. District trial attorney, in protest. This is another example of failing to enforce existing laws, and aiding and abetting law breakers in violation of the presidential oath of office.
9) Overseeing a federal program, “Operation Fast and Furious” authorizing illicit gun running and sales of 2,000-plus firearms to foreign insurgents (criminals) within Mexico, which has resulted in the deaths of more than one hundred victims, plus the killing of a Border Patrol agent. This case is still under congressional investigation which, if determined to be true, should head the list for impeachment of the president, i.e. aiding and abetting criminal activity, in violation of his oath of office.
10) April, 2009, the president authorized the release of four internal Justice Department memos on terrorist interrogation techniques, thereby emasculating anti-terrorist intelligence operations and endangering the lives of many agents. This was done contrary to the pleas and advice of his CIA director, four prior CIA directors and numerous other experts on covert operations. Whether the past practices were proper or not, this unnecessary release of information was not in the best interest of our national security. To the contrary, it added to its jeopardy and further emboldened our enemies to continue their terrorist conduct.
Anyone can scan “Google” where they will find many articles listing anywhere from five to fifty reasons why Mr. Obama should be impeached. This article doesn’t even touch on the issues of government take-overs of private banks and businesses, the misappropriation of funds and the corrupt arm-twisting that led to persuading some senators to vote for a bill they were opposed to, until special favors were awarded. Nor did this article mention how special interest groups — supporters of the president — were categorically excluded from the new Health Care mandates, including unions and certain religious groups. Nor does it address the Solyndra scandal — still under scrutiny — pertaining to the utter waste of a half billion tax dollars bailing out a private corporation that went bankrupt a year later. Nor does it mention the still-pending question of Obama’s legitimacy as a sitting president, and the mystery surrounding his social security number — registered in Connecticut — that belongs to dead man.
This article could extend four times this length if I was to touch on everything that reeks rotten about Barack Obama, including his sordid associations of his pre-senatorial years. Any one of these concerns listed (above), if not impeachable are at the least egregious and un-American and at the most, illegal. No president in history has engendered so much distrust, animosity and outright fear of his hidden motives for holding the most important office in America. Other presidents may have been less successful, less competent and overly political, but none were ever suspected of being utterly un-American and disloyal to the constitution, or in cahoots with enemies of the United States.
These sentiments are shared by millions of Americans, not limited to Republicans or Tea Party groups. Just start Googling — the disgust is showered all over the Internet by those who choose to read beyond the New York Times. Hopefully, that will translate to new blood in the Oval Office in 2012.
This is not a Republican/Democrat issue. This is an issue concerning national security and the future stability for our children, regardless of party. No matter who opposes Obama in 2012, (if he is not already impeached) it is imperative to all America that he is ushered out of the White House and into historical oblivion. There should never be a statue of him erected anywhere in the United States, including Washington D.C. – not by taxpayer funds anyway.
I’ll list a few links, there are scores more if you want to go digging.
A video letter to Barack Obama: